Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Friday night and I was sitting in front of the TV watching Home and Away (yes I know) with a glass of champagne because I had decided I did not want to go out tonight. Ray is DJ'ing at Legends Rock and Roll Club and I have been at work all day and I just did not want to make the effort to shower, change etc. It started me thinking about Friday nights. When I was young and just started work I would live for Friday nights, the working week was over and the weekend loomed to spend with friends, relaxing, doing all sorts of new things, keeping an eye out for that someone special - great. Then I got married and had Cindy and spent many friday nights at home looking after "house and home". Not missing friday nights because life was very busy and we were working towards our future. Then we moved to Port Lincoln and Friday nights became important again because it meant the end of a long hard week at work in our own business and I looked forward to Friday nights when we would go to The Boston Hotel and have dinner and a few drinks and catch up with family and friends, many a Saturday morning was spent at work with a very sore head. Then we travelled around Australia for 2 years and every night was a "Friday " night. We met so many new people and had so many interesting times. After we settled in Adelaide we decided to learn to Rock and Roll. That was the start of going out every Friday night again, we would seek out new bands and made new friends and had 3 or 4 Friday nights in every week. We have been dancing now for about 7 years so that is a lot of "Friday " nights, which brings me to tonight. I am soooo lucky.

This layout uses a photo of Ray & I at a Rock and Roll function in Berri


I am off to a scrapbooking class with Heather Jacobs tomorrow...can't wait

Thanks for looking
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment