Saturday, March 5, 2011

I got this layout finished this afternoon because Charli went to bed at 1:30 and is still asleep.

I have used the large butterfly and the letters from the pack I won from Imaginarium Designs. The letters I coloured with ink and then gave them a coat of Dimensional Magic and the butterfly I painted with acrylic paint and then gave it a light spray with Black Magic Glimmermist. The photo has another photo underneath and the pin with the ribbon and charm are intended for opening the folder to look at the second photo. I did spray the fabric doily with Iridescent Gold Glimmermist but it does not appear to have made any difference to it. The flower is sprayed with Starfish Glimmermist quite heavily for the richer colour.I bought a new Maya Road border stamp recently and wanted to use it so that is the black embossed scallop you can see above the fabric doily and under charli's name. I used a needle and thread to gather up the pink ribbon and to stitch the black ric rak onto it. The text is printed onto transparency and then stuck to the layout.


Till next time
Cheers
Julie

2 comments:

  1. WOWZER !!! Julie this is totally outstanding a winner for sure !!!love the butterfly !! you have created an exceptional page here just adore it.. hugz x
    i have just posted a grunge page , different for me ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous LO Julie.. love the beautiful cluster and gathered lace border!! Thanks for joining in at WW1 this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment