Monday, May 14, 2012

Have just finished the cover for my Switzerland Smash book and thought I would share it with you.

First a few thoughts....

Outside my window it is overcast and dull. I have had washing on the line all day and it is still not completely dry, even though we have had no rain today.

I am thinking about doing an assignment for TAFE tonight. I really have to get these done and off my plate.

I am thankful for Ray. Over the last couple of weeks he has worked tirelessly on upgrading our window dressing in the two front room. Removing all the pelmets, making and painting new brackets to take the drapes, repairing and repainting the wall where the pelmets came from, washed all the windows inside and out and so on. I have washed all the net curtains and the drapes are at the dry-cleaners and will be ready to pick up on Friday. Because the drapes were originally hung from the pelmets they will now be too long so when I get them back I am going to have to take them all up. All that just to get rid of the pelmets from the front rooms.

I am wearing jeans, t shirt and wind-cheater.

I am going to cut out a flounced jacket to make at sewing on Thursday.

I am not currently reading anything. I have spent a bit of time browsing the e-book stores to put some books on my iPad to take away with me.

I am pondering..Cindy

I am hoping to get lots of things done and off my list by the end of this week although sometimes I think I am just going round in circles. When I do one thing it makes me realise there are two more to take it's place.

I am creating journals to take with me on my trip. I also have to create a birthday card for a friend who is having a party on Saturday night to celebrate her birthday

On my mind...toooooooo much

From the kitchen..Crown Mints. I have got a thing for them at the moment.

One of my favourite things at the moment is burning the beautiful scented candle Cindy gave me for Mother's Day

A few plans for the rest of the week. TAFE assessments, sewing, card making. Whoops no room in there for housework etc

A picture to share. My Switzerland Smash book. For this one I have painted the cover with Gesso, stamped the text onto the Gesso using Stazon Ink, then using some Imaginarium Design chipboard as a mask I applied the texture paste I had coloured with yellow acrylic paint, when it was dry I sprayed with assorted glimmermists. The ribbon is the ribbon that Cindy used to wrap my Mother's Day gift which I have tied in a bow and the flowers are 2 more that I got from the Camelot Clearance Shop.
The text is once again cut on my Cricut with the same cartridge as the UK book


Till next time
Thanks for dropping by
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment