Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First up a little bragging....

I have had another layout published in a magazine. This time in Australian Scrapbook Creations Issue 101.

This is the layout. The eyes of course belong to my beautiful granddaughter Charli

I have used some Imaginarium Designs chipboard as a stencil for the texture paste and then as a stamp on the background. I have used my Die-namics "Mix & Match Banner" die and my Spellbinders "Nested Lacey Pennants" die to cut the banner. The heart and the key have been painted with acrylic paint and then given a coat of Glossy Accents, then I attached them to the layout with embroidery floss. I printed the word "those" on adhesive printable transparency.






Enough of that for now although I must say I am pretty happy, I have had 3 layouts published in 3 different magazines the first time I have submitted to any of them.

I have been working on my Switzerland 2009 album.

This was one of the most enjoyable days of my holiday. I really enjoyed the whole experience of going up this mountain range. The cable car ride coming down was quite phenomenal. Hang Gliders were just jumping off the top of the mountain and gliding down. Very inspiring.


The three of us


The last 5 days of that trip I went to Paris with Anne. These are the pages I have finished so far on this leg of the journey. I must say that for the 5 days we were there we packed so much in. Going to 2 or 3 attractions on some days. Absolutely loved it.

This first layout shows scenes from Paris in general. We stayed in a hotel about 300metres from the Arc de Triomphe. It was very central and very handy.

All of the layouts have booklets under most of the photos to hold more photos, and each page has a pocket for excess photos and the page from my travel diary giving all the details of the day.



The Arc de Triomphe.


Eiffel Tower


Versailles. Spent a whole day here. Could have spent a week. Just huge.



Things are just about back to normal here. We have had various people staying with us since the 23rd August with the last one leaving yesterday.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment