Thursday, January 29, 2015

Christmas Cards and Birthday Card

It's a whole new year and it has been a very long time since my last post.

I have to admit I did loose a bit of interest in scrapbooking, blogging etc but I have decided to get a bit more involved again and see where that takes me.

I would like to enter a few more challenges and perhaps even try out for a design team or two so it's back into "it".

I did make a couple of Christmas cards ... 2 to be exact.



I made this birthday card for Charli. She turned 7 on 24th January. I got the idea for this one off of Pinterest, a card made by Nicole Heady (www.papertreyink.com). Very bright and colourful for a little girl



Her birthday party had a Mermaid theme so the food was all water related. My job was to make this Puffer fish (another internet find). It was very colourful and very popular with the kids. Not one piece of fruit remained.


I usually make chocolate mud cupcakes for Charli's parties and when some of our friends heard I was making a pufferfish instead they were disappointed to be missing out on the cupcakes so I made a batch of those as well although they had nothing to do with a mermaid theme.





I have made one layout in the last week. I used the sketch from Stuck?! Sketches and created this layout for their challenge. You can find the details and the sketch here.




We had Charli for the day on Tuesday and her and I have started a Art Journal page each (both doing the same thing) so when it is finished I will share it with you

Till next time
Thanks for dropping by
Cheers
Julie

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great masculine page, love what you did with the background! I really like your other projects too, the cupcakes look yummy! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. I love how everything is highlighted with black. Thanks for joining in with us at STuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black matting looks fantastic, really defines each part of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment