Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Four Cards

I have made a few cards.

This one is a shaker card. I have not made one of these for ages and was inspired to make one when I was watching a video by Vicki Papaioannou here on youtube

I have used Iridescent Medium with a circle stencil on the cardstock at the back of the butterflies and art ingredients Glass Beads (Crystal colour), that have been sitting on my desk for over a month now, to fill them.


I have been thinking about using a die to make a shaped card for a while now and finally got around to it. I have seen this done a number of ways but decided to try this one where the whole shape is cut out twice and the stuck together making a fold at the top of the card. I must say I prefer this to having the flat edge along the top. I made the card shape using Lifestyle Nesting Doily Circles die and the flowers using Leane Creative Multi Die Flower 006


Not sure about this card. It is a window card and when the card is open the front part of it is quite flimsy because of the size of the cutout. I think it needs to be a smaller cut out next time.
I have cut a piece of mauve cardstock with the same die (Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large) as I used to cut the opening in the card and stuck this to the inside of the card so it is positioned perfectly behind the opening. I then cut a smaller piece of white with next size down die and centred that on the mauve. I stamped the daffodils on a piece of watercolour card with Momento Ink. I stamped the large daffodils twice. I coloured them in using Memory Markers. I then cut the 3 separate large daffodils out and foam mounted them on the background image.


This card is a simple male card, matting all patterned papers with black, a bit of twine and a few black gems.


Thanks for dropping by my blog
till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment