Monday, January 16, 2017

Bloom Art Journal Page

Here is the Art Journal Page I have been working on sporadically over the last couple of days.

It was inspired by you tube videos by Vicki Papaioannou and PaperArtsy JOFY 35 Stamp.

My background was created using Adirondack Acrylis paints Lemonade and gold, applied with a credit card over White Gesso. I then applied Matisse Iridescent Medium mixed with Duncan Liquid Pearls Acrylic Orange Sherbet through Kaisercraft Floral Lace stencil. Some stamping using Archival Inks Tiger Lily, Russet and Jet Black with BoBunny stamp set Geometric Patterns and KaiserCraft Stains. Some metallic Rub on pastas also used.

As I did not have the PaperArtsy JOFY 35 stamp and could not get my hands on it here in Adelaide I drew the flowers by hand. I then coloured them with Deco Arts Christmas Red Rouge Noel and Duncan Orange Poppy acrylic paints. The yellow dots were applied with a paint brush handle using Mont Marte Sliver Series acrylic Lemon Yellow. Leaves and stems were coloured with Duncan acrylics Christmas Green and Shamrock Green.

Title was stamped using Archival Jet Black ink and Pebbles ABC Stamps

All shading done with Faber-Castell Big Brush Markers. White detail using Signo White pen. black detail done with a Faber Castell PITT Artist pen.


A close-up showing some of the detail


I have to say I am fairly happy with this page. It was an exercise in keeping the background light as I find I always end up with a dark background and then it is hard to add anything on top.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment