Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Christmas Cards

I have been busy making a few Christmas cards because it is that time of the year and I am not really prepared. I always seem to leave Christmas cards to the last minute.

I have got so much Christmas "stuff" that I decided to use only what I have got and not go out and buy the latest collections.

These are the 7 I have made so far. They are all pretty simple.



This one is the simplest of them all. I have made a panel using some Kaisercraft Rub-Ons from the Christmas Carnival collection from a few years ago. The  Ho Ho Ho is cut from gold cardstock using Sizzlits Cherish Alphabet dies. I have then mounted the panel on some cardboard and attached it to a white card base.


I have cut the owl bauble out of some Kaisercraft paper using my Scan N Cut and a free cut file from Brother. A piece of thin red ribbon has been threaded through the hole of the bauble and then the bauble and the ribbon have been attached to a white cardstock panel.  The greeting was cut from a sheet of Creative Imaginations patterned paper and mounted on a piece of red cardstock that is the same as the card base. This was then foam mounted and attached to the panel. The panel has then been attached to a piece of cardboard and attached to a red card base.


I embossed this Christmas tree onto some white cardstock (I don't know the brand of the embossing folder) added a star brad and some red ribbon. This was attached to a piece of patterned paper with foam mounting tape and the the patterned paper was attached to the red card base.



To make the baubles for this card i stamped the music notes onto a piece of white cardstock then covered the cardstock with Matt Gell Medium and sprinkled glitter all over it and set it aside to dry.
When it was dry I used my circle dies to cut two different sized circles from the treated cardstock. I then cut some slightly larger circle out of gold cardstock to matt the circles and made a little "thing" on the top to look like the bit that holds the ribbon.

I took a piece of white cardstock 1/2" smaller than my card base and embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. This was also matted with gold cardstock.

The greeting was printed from my computer and mounted on gold cardstock.

To assemble the card I attached the gold ribbon to the embossed panel, foam mounted the baubles  and the greeting. Then I attached the white panel to the gold panel and then attached the whole thing to the white card base.


For this card I have embossed a white panel with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. We live in Australia and never have snow at Christmas so I very really use snow related embellishments on my Christmas cards but I had the folder so I thought I would use it.

I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the panel a couple of time and then used foam tape to attached a couple of Christmas Trees that I had cut from a sheet of patterned paper that I have had for ages and can't remember the manufacturer.


Once again a white cardstock panel was embossed. This time I used Papermania's Baubles embossing folder.  A greeting that I had printed was attached to a red matt and attached using foam tape. The panel was attached to a piece of cardboard and then attached to the red card base.


For the last card today I cut panel of red cardstock and embossed at the top and bottom using two different folders from the Papermania Christmas Borders embossing set. I then cut out and embossed the parcel using Cuttlebug's Beautifully boxed set of embossing folders and die. I cut this twice, once in patterned paper and once in gold cardstock so I could make the bow a different colour. The greeting is once again something I printed out and attached to a piece of gold cardstock.

Both the greeting and the parcel were foam mounted on the red panel, which was then attached to the white card base.



Well that is a very long post.
Thank you for getting all the way through it.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment