Monday, January 8, 2018

Don't Forget to Fly Art Journal Page

Welcome back to my blog.

Today I am sharing an art journal page I created using another background from some years ago.
It seems I have quiet a few of these pages that have got backgrounds created and nothing else done to them. Some I like some I don't so I plan on working my way through these and trying to turn them into something I like and am happy to share with you.

So this is how the finished page looks


This was a double page spread. This is the other page which has not been touched so this is basically what I started with for this page.


The tree was created using Impasto Medium coloured with Cocoa Brown acrylic paint. I applied it very thickly and texturised it with my palette knife to give that bark look. I then gave it a coat of black watercolour paint which I wiped off of the high parts leaving it in the creases. I used my Faber Castell Big Brush marker in Green Gold over the top of the tree then some Adirondack acrylic paint in Pearl here and there for a bit of a highlight. I used Faber Castell Big Brush marker in Raw Umber to shade around the tree and an Artline fine point permanent marker for the fine detail

The white circles in the background are made with a couple of different sized caps dipped into white acrylic paint.

To make the birds I applied Color Crush powders randomly on some watercolour paper. The colours I used are Pineapple, Wheat Grass and Blue Heaven.

When that was dry I stamped the birds using the Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamp that I have been dying to use ever since I bought it.  I cut them out and attached them to the page using Matte Gel Medium.

For a bit of sparkle, which you can not really see in the photos, I added some Kiwi Smooch to the green bird and some Guatemalan Green Silks to the turquoise bird. Detailing was done with the same Artline black pen and a white gel pen.

The hand drawn boarder was coloured using a black Artline marker and a white Pilot permanent marker.

The title was printed on my printer then coloured with Dylusions Ink Sprays in Squeezed Orange, Lemon Zest and Bubblegum Pink. White gel pen to highlight the "FLY" section.

Well that is a very long post.
If you have stayed with me, Thank you

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment