Friday, March 16, 2018

Layout using Die Cuts for Creative Inspiration

Good morning everyone

Today I want to share with you all a layout I have done for the challenge over at Creative Inspiration.

My challenge is to use die cuts on a layout, and other members of the DT have challenges to use die cuts on other things. This was very easy for me because I seem to have an addiction to using dies. For the challenge you can use dies you have cut yourself or die cuts you have purchased (i.e. Kaisercraft collectables)

This is my layout


The photo is of a newspaper clipping from 1974 when my daughter was the winner of a baby competition. It is not very good quality but I thought it was worth recording the memory.

I cut a sheet of double sided card and inverted one section of it to get the two different papers in the background. These were then attached to a sheet of white cardstock for stability.

I have used Washi Tape and strips of patterned paper in the background for a bit of visual interest.

The photo is triple matted because I found that it got lost in the background with only a small matt.

The banner, hearts and tag were cut using my Big Shot.

A bit of faux stitching finished the layout off.

Why not pop over to Creative Inspiration and check out the challenge. You might be the lucky winner of a great prize.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment